PRIVACY & PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect and process your personal data only when it is absolutely necessary.
We will never sell, rent, distribute, or publicize in any way your personal data.
If you are under 16, you MUST have your parents’ consent before using the services of this site.
Along with our company’s internal IT systems, this site is designed to comply with the following laws/regulations regarding the protection of user’s personal data:
- EU Data Protection Directive (DPD of year 1995)
- Regulation on general EU data protection (GDPR of year 2018)
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIS SITE & WHY WE COLLECT IT
This site collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
Website traffic monitoring
Like most sites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user activity. We use this data to determine the number of our site visitors to better understand how they find and use our web pages. Although GA records data such as your geographic location, your device, your web browser, and your operating system, none of this information identify you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address, which could be used to identify you, but Google does not provide access to it. We believe that Google is a third data processor that is compliant with the requirements of European legislation.
Contact forms and e-mail links
If you choose to contact us using a contact form or an email link, none of the data you provide will be stored to our site or transferred or processed by any third party data processor as defined below in the section «Our third-party data processors». Instead, these data will be sent to us via an SMTP protocol (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol). Our SMTP servers are protected by a TLS security protocol (also known as SSL), meaning that email content is encrypted before being sent over the Internet. The content of the email is decrypted by our local computers and devices.
International Data Transfers
Personal Information you submit on the Websites or through the Services may be sent to the United States and processed by us there or in other countries, on our service providers’ cloud servers. We will always protect your information in accordance with this Privacy Notice wherever it is processed.
Additional information for users in the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
- This section sets out the privacy principles we follow with respect to transfers of Personal Information from the EEA to the United States, including Personal Information we receive from individuals residing in the EEA who visits our Websites and/or who may use of our Services or otherwise interact with us.
- Please note that for users located in the EEA, the term Personal Information used in this notice is equivalent to the term “personal data” under applicable European data protection laws.
- Xtapod complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (“Privacy Shield”) as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Information from European Union member countries. Xtapod adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability. If there is any conflict between the policies in this Privacy Notice and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern.
- To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, see the US Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website located at https://www.privacyshield.gov.
- In compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles, we commit to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your Personal Information. Individuals located within the EEA with inquiries or complaints regarding this Privacy Notice should first contact Xtapod at: email@example.com
What is a cookie?
The term «cookie» refers to a small data file consisting solely of a set of text information that the site transmits to the web browser on your computer’s hard disk, either temporarily throughout your visit , or sometimes for longer periods, depending on the type of cookie. Cookies perform different operations (for example, you are distinguished from other site’s visitors or remember certain info for you like your preferences) and are used by most websites to improve your user experience.
Each cookie is unique to your browser and contains some anonymous information. A cookie typically contains the name of the cookie field, the cookie’s lifetime, and a value (usually in the form of a randomly generated unique number).
Cookies on this site and how to manage them
See the following information about the third-party cookies we use on this site, including how to disable them and the effect of disabling on the site’s functionality. If you need any help on how to manage certain types of cookies, including how to check or delete them, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Google Analytics cookies
For more information on Google Analytics, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
You can disable Google Analytics tracking by visting https://tools.go ogle.com/dlpa ge/gaoptout?hl =en=GB
If you disable these cookies, your activity will not be counted or used in the statistics we collect to improve the services we provide through this site. Website functionality will not be affected.
About this site’s web server
All web traffic (file transfer) between this site and your browser is encrypted and transferred via the HTTPS protocol using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
Third-party personal data processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data for us. These Third-party personal data processors have been carefully selected to comply with the legislation mentioned in this document.
For any of your personal information stored in our database, all necessary action will be taken to be secure as possible.
We will report any unlawful violation of our database or any third party data processing database to all relevant stakeholders as well as authorities within 72 hours of the violation, if it is obvious that the personal data stored in recognizable form, have been stolen.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We’re constantly trying to improve our Websites and Services, so we may need to change this Privacy Notice from time to time as well. We will alert you to material changes by, for example, placing a notice on our Websites and/or by sending you an email (if you have registered your e-mail details with us) when we are required to do so by applicable law.